Source: Revised GRE PDF 1st Ed. Section 5: Math; #21 (p. 79)

The total number of recording titles distributed

The total number of recording titles distributed by music distributors L and M is 9,300. The number of recording titles distributed by L is 7,100, and the number of recording titles distributed by M is 5,200. Which of the following statements must be true? Indicate all such statements. More than half of the titles distributed by L are also distributed by M., More than half of the titles distributed by M are also distributed by L., No titles are distributed by both L and M

1 Explanation

Gravatar Chris Lele, Magoosh Tutor

Sep 25, 2012 • Comment

pranay rao

Hi Chris,
I got the answer to this question but I am a bit confused by what you said in the video. As per my understanding the A is not the answer because the value in the middle(the number of records distributed by L that are also distributed by M),3000, is not more than half(3550) of the titles that L distributes(7100) and this is different from what you state in the video viz., 3000 is not more than 4100.
And as it follows B is the answer because the value in the middle is more than half(2600) of the records that M distributes(5200).

Please let me know if my understanding is incorrect or are we stating the same thing in different ways

Jul 23, 2014 • Reply

Add Your Explanation

You must have a Magoosh account in order to leave an explanation.

Learn More About Magoosh