Source: Official Guide Revised GRE 1st Ed. Part 6; Set 1; #1

Emma spent $75 buying a used bicycle and

Emma spent $75 buying a used bicycle and $27 repairing it. Then she sold the bicycle for 40 percent more than the total amount she spent buying and repairing it. Quantity A The price at which Emma sold the bicycle Quantity B $140 (A) Quantity A is greater., (B) Quantity B is greater., (C) The two quantities are equal., (D) The relationship cannot be determined from the information given.

5 Explanations

Sri Varsha Nalla

I am not able to see full questions :-( only this much i could see "Emma spent $75 buying a used bicycle and" Please help. and this is happening with all questions. I am having magoosh premimum account could you plz tell me where i can find these pdf answered after login? because after login dashboard page is prompt.

Jun 3, 2018 • Comment

David Recine, Magoosh Tutor

Hi Mayuri,

I apologize for the inconvenience; logging in does steer you away from this page and bring you to your dashboard. The good news is that if you navigate back in the same browser that you're logged in on, you will be able to see the full text of the question after login.

There are a few ways to do that. The easiest way to get back to this page is to copy the web address (URL) for this page before you log in to your premium account. Then, once you're logged in, paste the URL into your browser bar, hit enter, and you'll be back, now logged in and able to see the whole prompt. You could also do a Google search of these forums (the word "Magoosh" plus keywords from the questions could work after you log in). Or you could go to gre.magoosh.com/forum and navigate to the appropriate book PDF, and question number.

But seriously, just copy the URL before login. :D

Jun 4, 2018 • Reply

Mahesh Magai

Hi, I am not able to see entire question. What should I do? please help.
Is it necessary to buy official guide book also?

Apr 6, 2018 • Comment

You should be able to see the entire question in text form above, although it won't be formatted as clearly as it would be on the actual page of a printed OG. And we don't show the whole question in the video explanation, of course.

If you look at the question at the top of this page, you should see the story problem, the amount of Quantity A, and the amount of Quantity B, all together in the form of one paragraph, without any line breaks. Then, below that, you should be able to see the four answer choices, A-D, also all in the format of a single paragraph with no line breaks.

If you can't see that, let me know, and I'll try to figure out what the tech problem is. Also, if you can't see that, here is a reproduction of the question, right in this comment:

Emma spent $75 buying a used bicycle and $27 repairing it. Then she sold the bicycle for 40 percent more than the total amount she spent buying and repairing it.

Quantity A The price at which Emma sold the bicycle

Quantity B $140

(A) Quantity A is greater.

(B) Quantity B is greater.

(C) The two quantities are equal.

(D) The relationship cannot be determined from the information given.

Apr 6, 2018 • Reply

Luisa Guzman

Hi,
Although you answered this, I cannot see the complete question to anything. I tried clicking on it and it doesnt do anything. I can see the Youtube videos but I need the complete question to do the problem
Thanks

Feb 21, 2018 • Comment

Hi Luisa,

The full question actually is on this page, but it's formatted a little bit differently than it would be in its original source, the GRE Official Guide, 1st Edition.

At the top of this web page, under the big green letters that say "Emma spent $75 buying a used bicycle and", you'll find full text for the question and a full set of answer choices. But if you're having trouble viewing that, let me know. I'll be happy to give you further help if needed. :)

Feb 21, 2018 • Reply

Abhijit Sukul

I am from bangladesh, youtube has not been blocked here, still i can't see the video, what should i do?

May 12, 2016 • Comment

Cydney Seigerman, Magoosh Tutor

Hi Abhijit!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues viewing the video. My first suggestion would be to try a new browser. Magoosh tends to work best with Chrome or Firefox. If you're already using one of these, I'd give the other one a shot and see if that helps. Another option is to watch the video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPUevlVP7UM . If you normally don't have issues on YouTube itself, this may be the best option for watching our video explanations. You can watch all of our explanation videos for these questions, as well as other videos on GRE prep and study strategies on our GRE YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MagooshGRE

I hope this helps :)

May 12, 2016 • Reply

Gravatar Chris Lele, Magoosh Tutor

Oct 6, 2012 • Comment

Richa Sagar

i cant see complete question??

Jan 16, 2016 • Reply

Cydney Seigerman, Magoosh Tutor

Hi Richa! While the formatting is a little off, the entire question can be found below the title of the forum post. If, on the other hand, you're having trouble seeing the answer video, it may be because it is a video hosted on YouTube. If your country blocks YouTube you won't be able to see the answer. :(

Jan 21, 2016 • Reply

Add Your Explanation

You must have a Magoosh account in order to leave an explanation.

Learn More About Magoosh