How often can I retake GRE General Test

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to take GRE General Test, and, according to their policy I can do it once every 21 days, but I need some clarification regarding that.
If I take the test on 21.11.2019, can I take the next one on 12.12.2019, which is 22nd day if I start counting from the first test day?

Thanks in advance.

Author
LUSINE TOROSYAN

Posted Nov 15, 2019

2 Explanations

LUSINE TOROSYAN

Hi Adam,

Thanks a lot for you response.
It works exactly the way you've said.
I took the test on 21.11.2019 and 12.12.2019 is also available for me, so if one starts counting from the next day of the test date, 21st day is ok.

Nov 24, 2019 • Comment

Adam Lyons, Magoosh Tutor

Awesome!

Dec 1, 2019 • Reply

Gravatar Adam Lyons, Magoosh Tutor

Hey Lusine,
The official language is that you can take the exam "once every 21 days," which means that in a 21 day period, you can only have 1 GRE test date. 4pm on 21.11 to 4pm on 12.12 is exactly 21 days. This means that if your test time is earlier on 12.12 than it was on 21.11, then 21 full days have not elapsed.
When you schedule the test online, I don't believe the system will let you register if you've taken a test in the previous 21 days. So you can see if the system will allow you to register on 12.12. Otherwise, I would check directly with ETS to get an official word. You can contact them from this page: https://www.ets.org/gre/contact/.
Best of luck to you!

Nov 23, 2019 • Comment

Add Your Explanation

You must have a Magoosh account in order to leave an explanation.

Learn More About Magoosh

Related Posts

Improve Your Score

Magoosh GRE is an affordable online course for studying the GRE.

Learn More About Magoosh

Share Post

Email

Facebook